Posted - June 2017 in HSPRF News
Recommend them to the HSP community
If you are happy with one or more of your HSP health professionals, please let us know by email. There is a ‘Community Recommended Practitioner Listings’ page on the Foundation website, but it is time for an update.
We regularly get inquiries from community members asking:
“Where can I find a neurologist who understands HSP?”
“Can you recommend a physiotherapist with HSP experience?”
Let us know!
So we are asking you to let us know if you have a medical or allied health professional you would recommend to other HSPers:
* GP/family doctor
* neurologist or neurogeneticist
* physiotherapist or neurophysiotherapist
* occupational therapist
* orthotist or podiatrist
* genetic counsellor
* orthopaedic specialist
* or other mainstream medical or allied health professional who knows and understands HSP and HSPers.
Email us with the following information:
- practitioner name:
- type of medical professional:
- contact details/location:
- and, if you wish, feel free to make comments e.g. what makes them good.
This resource makes it easier for people in the HSP community to locate and contact medical professionals who can add value and help avoid wasting time and money. It will only take a few minutes to do… and may be of huge benefit to others in the HSP community. Your privacy and anonymity are guaranteed. We will publish your recommendations without any indication whatsoever of who made the recommendation.
Let us know and do it now!