News from other HSP groups
The SP Foundation USA has published the Fall (Autumn) 2019 edition of its newsletter Synapse.
In 19 pages jampacked with stories and articles, there is something of interest for everyone with HSP – a new mobility device called the ‘Alinker’; wheelchair bowling; getting diagnosed; dealing with incontinence; conference presentations; community connections, awareness and activities and the President’s letter talking amongst other things about the high quality of research proposals that have been submitted for funding.
- SPF President speaks about Fundraising
- Membership Awareness Activities
- Mobility Device – The Alinker
- Wheelchair Bowling
- About Diagnosis and Living with HSP by members
- Incontinence, A Medical Perspective
- Member’s Connections
- Membership Fundraising Efforts
Find it here: https://sp-foundation.org/news-resources/newsletter.html
HSP Newslink, the newsletter of the HSP support group in the UK, was published in September.
The saga of a man who undertook a staggering physical challenge to support his recently diagnosed grandson, and everyone with HSP, is a compelling story worth reading.
The Chairman’s Column presents a broad scope:
- a new mission statement for the group
- guidelines for the research grant process
- appointment of an ambassador to raise awareness
- cannabis based products for clinical trial – amongst other things.
Another section features members letters, then there are reports of regional branch meetings and upcoming get-togethers.