Posted - February 2020 in HSPRF News
News from other HSP groups
The SP Foundation USA has published the Winter 2020 edition of its newsletter Synapse.
The 20 page Winter 2020 edition of Synapse contains the President’s letter; information on the Annual Conference for 2020; an article entitled Resilience Matters (part 2); a report on the first HSP symposium in Brazil; the importance of a strong support network; having more than one disability… And more!
- $870,000 raised in 2019, a 32% increase year over year
- $624,000 directly going to fund research
- initiating a Youth Council
- 2020 Annual Conference will be in Nashville, TN June 25-28.
- First Brazilian Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia Symposium
- Importance of a Strong Support Network
- Party of More Than One When You Have More Than One Disability
- The Lab Rat Clause – book by an HSPer
HSP Newslink, the newsletter of the HSP support group in the UK, Issue 48 was published in January 2020.
The 16 page January 2020 edition of HSP Newslink from the UK group opens with the report of a week-long adventure holiday for people with disability on a farm in Exmoor. The fun and games included kayaking, abseiling, zip wiring, horse riding, crate stacking (you’ll have to read for yourself!), biking, archery and swimming.
- Adventure holiday
- Chairman’s column
- Editor’s column
- SPATAX Meeting Report, Nice, September 2019
- For my Mum – because she is a hero!
- Spreading the word about HSP
- Fundraising News
- Branch Meetings and Forthcoming Events