Posted - June 2017 in HSPRF News
Read what’s happening in other groups
The latest edition of the newsletter of the US-based SP Foundation, Synapse, Issue 20/2, Spring 2017 is now published.
- the Conference Program and speaker profiles for their upcoming annual conference in Atlanta on June 23 – 24.
- a very informative and comprehensive discussion of electric scooters and wheelchairs, with practical tips and advice to get the most out of your aid safely and efficiently.
- another article covers activities and opportunities for kids with special health care needs.
- tips and advice for dealing with leg cramps.
UK News link May 2017 has just been published:
- The big news is that the UK group have become the ninth member of Euro HSP along with Denmark, France, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Switzerland and Sweden. This can only serve to strengthen the collective presence of groups representing and advocating for the common interests of the HSP communities in the different countries.
- Adam Lawrence discusses a Plymouth University study of falls with HSP.
- There is an inspirational story about a young man Tim who successfully completed the demanding Duke of Edinburgh Gold Award.
- There are also members letters and news about regional meetings plus notice of the 2017 AGM to be held in Birmingham on 1 July.